1. What is DuitNow QR?
DuitNow QR is Malaysia’s national Quick Response (QR) standard established by PayNet under Bank Negara Malaysia’s Interoperable Credit Transfer Framework.
2. What is AmBank DuitNow QR for Merchant?
AmBank DuitNow QR for Merchant is AmBank’s merchant acceptance service that enables merchants to receive payments from customers through a DuitNow QR code. Merchants would only need to display one QR code, i.e. the AmBank DuitNow QR, in order to accept payments instead of having to display multiple QR codes at their payment counters.
3. Who can apply for AmBank’s DuitNow QR for Merchant?
AmBank AmBank DuitNow QR for Merchant is open to all AmBank Group’s customers who have a valid Current Account/-i or Savings Account/-i with AmBank or AmBank Islamic.
4. How do I apply for AmBank DuitNow QR for Merchant?
You may submit your application request via https://www.ambank.com.my/eng/QR-Merchant
5. Can I submit more than one (1) request through the website?
Yes, as long as the requests are made for different account numbers.
Requests for the same account number can only be made after thirty (30) calendar days from the first submission by filling up the application form provided on the website and emailing the form to email@example.com. The second request will be subject to approval.
6. Can I request for more than one (1) QR Code for the same account?
Yes, you may request for up to three (3) QR Codes during your application via our website. To request for more than three (3) QR Codes, i.e. to cater to multiple cashiers’ terminal or stores, please fill up the application form provided on the website and email the form via firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be subject to approval of the first submission.
7. How do I ensure that the AmBank DuitNow QR Code is tied to the correct Current Account/-i or Savings Account/-i before I start using it?
- Check if the name displayed on the QR Code matches your registered account’s name.
- Scan the QR Code and make one (1) transaction to ensure the QR Code has been linked to the correct account number. You will receive an SMS upon successful transaction.
- For every transfer or payment made, check and confirm the transaction date, time and amount based on the SMS notification from the Bank immediately. As an additional precautionary measure, you may also request your customer to display the fund transfer confirmation slip to you.
8. Where can I use the AmBank DuitNow QR for payment acceptance?
Merchants may use the AmBank DuitNow QR service anywhere within Malaysia.
9. Can other banks or e-Wallet users make payments by scanning the AmBank DuitNow QR code?
Yes, AmBank DuitNow QR code is interoperable. As long as the payer’s issuing Bank has enabled the payment process via DuitNow QR, the transaction will be accepted.
10. Do I have to pay for this service?
No, you do not have to pay for this service. It is absolutely FREE for customers. We have also waived the Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) for merchants until further notice.
11. How do I know if the payment has been successfully made and credited into my account?
Upon successful payment by the customer, you will receive a notification via SMS. You may also check the payment transaction history via AmBank’s online banking platform, i.e. AmAccessBiz or AmOnline.
12. How soon can I get my payment?
You will receive the payment immediately on a real-time basis.
13. Is there any limit on the total transactions or payments received?
14. Where can I get further assistance and information on AmBank DuitNow QR?
For further assistance and information, please call AmBank SME Contact Centre from Monday to Thursday, 8.45 a.m. to 5.45 p.m. and Friday, 8.45 a.m. to 4.45 p.m. on +603 2178 3188 or email to email@example.com.