GREATER PROTECTION WITH AMBANK / AMBANK ISLAMIC 3D SECURE
AmBank/AmBank Islamic 3D Secure has been enhanced to give you greater protection when you make online purchases. Your AmBank/AmBank Islamic Credit Card now automatically comes with 3D Secure protection for secured online transactions. No registration is required and it is FREE!
When you need to make payment for online purchases, you will be requested to enter a Transaction Authorisation Code (TAC), an 8-digit onetime password for authentication purpose. The TAC will be sent to your mobile phone number registered with the Bank. Ensure that you update the Bank with your latest mobile phone number. Enjoy greater peace of mind when you shop online!
CARD FRAUD PREVENTION TIPS
- ALWAYS check that the card received is under your name and the sealed package is not compromised. Immediately contact the Bank if the card is not yours or that the seal has been tampered with.
- SIGN on the signature panel at the back of your card immediately, using non-erasable ballpoint pen.
- REMEMBER to thoroughly destroy your expired / unusable card by cutting it in half across the magnetic stripe and/or chip.
- KEEP your card in a secured place and ensure that it is in your possession at all times.
- DO NOT leave your card unattended even in the privacy of your home / office.
- TRY not to leave your card in your vehicle when you are at public places to avoid theft or being switched with another invalid card. However, if this is unavoidable, once returned to your vehicle;
- Check for any sign of vehicle being broken into and/or;
- Ensure the card is not missing and/or
- Ensure the card is yours and not belong to someone else.
- TRY to carry your card separately from your wallet / purse.
- DO NOT carry cards that are not needed.
- NEVER lend your card or allow others to use your card. (CARDS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE!)
- KEEP a record of your card numbers, expiration dates and the contact number / address of each bank in a secure place.
Managing PIN & Personal Details
- DO memorize your PIN and destroy the slip immediately.
- Immediately go to the ATM and change your PIN, while ensuring no one is observing.
- DO NOT create PIN that is sequential, repetitive and obvious (such as date of birth, identity card number, etc.)
- DO NOT write your PIN on your card, anywhere near it or unsecured places.
- NEVER disclosed your PIN (or username, password, security questions/answers, etc) to others.
- AVOID using the same PIN for every card.
- CHANGE your PIN periodically for precaution.
- ENSURE your card is always within your sight while making a transaction.
- CHECK all purchase details on sales receipt before signing it. Draw a line through blank space above the total or circle the purchase amount.
- DO NOT sign a blank receipt.
- ALWAYS mark void on an incorrect receipt and destroy it before you sign a new one and ENSURE the merchant to void that specific transaction through card machine too.
- ENSURE that it is your card and not someone else's that is returned to you immediately after the purchase transaction.
- ALWAYS keep your receipt for future reference.
- NEVER provide your card details on website that is unsecured or unreliable.
- NEVER provide your card details online unless you are making a purchase.
- AVOID using public computer to make online purchase. If you do, please remember to log off and quit browser after you have finished.
- AVOID using the same username and password for everything.
- ALWAYS print or save the confirmation page and receipt of your purchase.
- PROTECT your card CVV (Card Verification Value) / CVC (Card Verification Code). CVV/CVC is a three-digit security code that is placed on the back of your card. Most online, phone, or mail-order purchases requires you to give this code before the transaction goes through, so make sure to keep it confidential.
- REGISTER for the Bank 3D-secure service for extra security. *
- CONSIDER using PrePaid card for online shopping.
Note: * registration for our 3D-Secure service is COMPULSORY to enable online transaction
Managing Statements & Related Documents
- CHECK your card statement or for Debit Card, check your Current/Savings Account statement or AmOnline Transaction History and report immediately on any transactions that you do not recognize or authorized
- SHRED any document with your card number and details stated on them before discarding.
- KEEP the Bank updated with your latest contact number and/or email address to allow the Bank to perform verification of unusual or suspicious transactions. Notify the Bank on your change of mailing address too.
- OPT for paperless Credit Card statement via email. Besides helping to reduce the use of paper, it ensures hardcopies of your card information do not fall into the hands of the unscruplous
- NEVER respond to email, website or phone inquiry that request you to provide your card details or ask you to go to a website to verify card or personal details. These are called “ Phishing ” scams.
- DO NOT provide your card details over the phone unless you have validated the company or individual you are speaking with.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). CARD FRAUD PREVENTION TIPS Receiving Card Managing Card Managing PIN & Personal Details Retail Usage Online Usage Note: * registration for our 3D-Secure service is COMPULSORY to enable online transaction Managing Statements & Related Documents Scam here